wait,
T minus zero.
I am at Denver International Airport and
GULP
leaving for China now!
When I think about it all I get all kinds of emotional. Sad to leave Josh for three weeks (he cried when I left). Sad to leave Jason. Anxious about traveling in my own little travel group of one. Anxious about being one of the only (maybe the only) American I see for the next week. Even a little sad, strange as it sounds, to not be a family of three anymore. Things are going to be much, much different when I get home, and I think it's OK to grieve the changes. But I am super-duper excited to be getting our munchkins. Super-duper excited to be a mom again. We have been wanting to have more kids for so long, and we love them so much already and we haven't even met them. I can't WAIT to hold them! And hear their voices. And make them smile. And teach them what it is to be part of a family. And to be their Mama forever!
We'll find our new normal, and it will be so much better than we ever could imagine. You know how I know that?
'Cuz this is all God's plan.
You know how I know it is His plan?
Because I never ever EVER thought in a million years that I would be boarding a plane to China to meet our sons. I couldn't-a thunk that one up if I tried.
So it's T minus 6 for the hubby. I can't wait to see you, Jas!!! I miss you already.
I'll be blahblahbloggin' at you all from the other side of the world next!!!
Munchkins, Mama is coming for you!!!
(((hugs))),
chris
1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love.
Congrats! Praying for a great flight!
ReplyDeleteYippee! You are on your way. We could not be more excited for you guys. I can't wait to see little David's and then Samuel's faces on our computer screen really really SOON! :) And then in real life!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you and know that God is right there with you, every step of the way...
Love you friend!
So excited for you! May God protect you and cover every part of your trip with his grace!
ReplyDeleteVery excited for you. Just this post made me tear up. Im sure I'll be a mess when you have a picture with your new family! Good luck cuz!
ReplyDelete